Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hello World!

Just to give everyone reading this a quick mental image of me: I just woke up and am sitting at my desk in my blue monkey boxers and birthday cake socks (what is that smell??)

I want to start by thanking Ben for asking me to be on the show with him. I'm actually kind of surprised he asked me to be on his sports show due to some bitterness I thought still existed from when I used to kick his ass in 3rd grade basketball practice. I am however very excited be a part of this and I think it’s going to be a great show.

My name is Stephen LEVIN (no 'e' at the end...BEN!) I am a Super Senior at the great University of Oklahoma. I'm not quite sure when I'll be graduating (changed my major about the number of times Tavaris Jackson threw an incomplete pass last night.) I sort of view myself as an almost as but not quite as cool or attractive “Van Wilder.” I even have a bulldog named “Goldberg” with gigantic…well if you’ve seen the movie then you know what I’m talking about. I guess all I need now is a decked-out golf cart for class and a personal assistant Indian man.

On a brief NFL note, I watched Monday Night Football and was a bit disappointed in my two favorite players. First off, kudos on a pretty exciting Packer-Viking game (Denver not so much.) Although the game was sloppy at times and a bit frustrating (thanks to Tavaris who makes me want to rip my eyes out and pour Freebird’s fire sauce in the sockets…for cryin out loud just hand the ball to AD every freakin play!!) it was a pretty good game that came down to the wire and seeing Rogers do his first Lambeau Leap made the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I was a little disheartened with the play of Jared Allen (who is a beast of man) and Adrian Peterson (the god of beasts of men.) Allen had 0 tackles or sacks in last night’s game which really surprised me. I realize he was double teamed a lot, but I was looking forward to see the rabid animal he was in a Chiefs jersey. Now I know on paper Peterson’s stats aren’t bad at all (103 yards and a TD), but lets face it, die hard AD fans, none of us are happy unless he’s breaking either the 200 yard mark or a d-backs leg (that hit on Al Harris was pretty good though.)

Anyways, I'm stoked to be a part of the show, it’s my first time on radio so hopefully I can catch on quick and don't forget to listen from 8-10 on wire.ou.edu!!

OUT,

Steve

Quote of the Day:

“Half this game is ninety percent mental.”

-Yogi Berra




adrianpeterson.jpg

my man crush

No comments: