Monday, September 8, 2008

Back from the future

Well I'm really just back from a long hiatus. I'm sitting in class right now and decided now is as a good a time as ever to talk sports.


My radio show is BACK. Starting this Wednesday night from 8-10 central time... and we are starting with a bang. At least two main stream guests including but not limited to Jason Sobel from ESPN.com to talk Ryder Cup. Also Josh Mccuistion from Rivals.com will talk college football, specifically Oklahoma football. Its gonna be great.

I have brought in a new co-host this year. Times didn't work with D No, so my boy Stephen Levine will be joining me to form "Shaving Points with Ben and Steve." I am giving him permission to blog on here, so this will be a Shaving Points blog. He will introduce himself later tonight or tomorrow.

Be sure to tune into the show WEDNESDAY NIGHT FROM 8-10 CDT at WIRE.OU.EDU

Moving on to actual sports talk. My teams.... have been impressive. The OU football team looks awfully strong. I see us surpassing 500 points of offense this year...EAAAASY. We should average 45 points a game. The Big 12 defenses are weak this year. However our defense looks good. Our linebackers were a question mark, but Travis Lewis answered the call. Beast! Our secondary was a big question mark.... and they have looked pretty solid. Dominique Franks has big play ability but could get burned now and then. Brian Jackson just looks like he could shut down an entire side. My overall grades after two games: Offense A; Defense B+; Special Teams C-. The kicking game is good except for kickoff coverage.....AWFUL. God we need a special teams coach.

Moving on to my boys. That is the Dallas Cowboys. Our offense looks good. Our defense looks scary good even with Terrance Newman out. I see us having trouble scoring in a game or two. 12-4 will be our final record. Marion Barber needs to stay healthy, that is a big concern of mine. But our rookie back ups, Tashard Choice and Felix Jones look real solid. If the Cowboys stay healthy... they win 11 games minimum and will be playoff bound. Now if only we could win a playoff game.......this is the year baby!!

Ok, I should pay attention to some of my lecture. Tune in to the show Wednesday night!

Stay Classy,

Ben

RIP Tom Brady

No comments: