Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And it's...in the Hole!

Played golf this morning up in Mckinney, Texas. The Hank Haney golf course there is called West Ridge and is a very interesting course. 6 each of Par 5's, 4's and 3's. A lot of water but a lot of fun. I hit the ball wonderfully, it's too bad I putt as well as Sergio on the back 9 of a major.

Sports last night was really awesome. Michael Phelps is just ridic. He absolutely dominated the 200 Freestyle, by like 2 seconds. Then I watched his semifinal 200 butterfly. The kid (I say kid when he is one year older than me) just was so patient. About 125 meters into the race he sat at about 5th out of 8 (top 4 qualify) then he just kicked it into another gear. He hit the wall to come back for the last 50 and was already in first and won by an entire body length. He could beat a shark in a race, and I really mean that. All of this dominance and the races were less than an HOUR apart. Just nasty. Tonight he goes for Gold in two events two hours apart, and I don't doubt for a second that he will do it. Tonight he breaks the record for most gold medals EVER... in the history of the Olympics. He is 23. Think he goes for 8 more in 2012? Maybe. We are seeing history... embrace it.

I didn't catch any of Aaron Rodgers but I heard he was pretty solid. With no playoff experience I'm not too worried.

I would mention the Rangers... well I guess I just did, but they stink. They aren't awful, but they will be a team to watch NEXT year.

I'm growing a little concerned on whether or not Tiger will be ready for the Masters next year. He said today he won't swing a club until next year. Maybe 4 months is enough time for the World's greatest athlete to get back up to where he was? We will see. I hope he comes back 100%, because it would be a shame for the greatest golfer of all time to not reach his full potential in history.

Now I'm rambling. Here is what I'm watching tonight:

Olympics. Thats it. I'm gonna go play some Wii Fit until about 9 then catch Phelps and some other sports.

Coming up soon in the blog. I rank top 5 at the key fantasy football positions and take a closer look at my favorite sports movie scenes.

Stay Classy,

Ben

No comments: